“Dedicated to protecting and restoring the health of the Spokane River Watershed”
Spokane Riverkeeper is a program of the Center for Justice dedicated to protecting and restoring the health of the Spokane River Watershed. We accomplish this by collaborating, educating, and, when necessary, litigating to preserve the Spokane River’s health, now and in the future. Our goal is for a Fishable and Swimmable Spokane River.
Riverkeeper is a vigilant guardian and advocate for the Spokane River and its watershed. We work for the restoration and conservation of the river’s ecological health and aesthetic integrity. As a member of the international Waterkeeper Alliance movement, Riverkeeper’s first priority is to defend the river against pollution and polluters.
What we do:
- Trash clean-up along the Spokane River
- Work to keep our river clean as a member of the Spokane River Regional Toxics Task Force
- Regulation of non-point source pollution & shoreline protection
- Native fishery protection
- Collaborate with local businesses, foundations and other organizations
- Litigate when necessary to protect our River
What you can do:
- Call us if you notice any pollution along the river (509) 464-7614
- Volunteer with us by cleaning up garbage or helping with an event
- Donate to ensure that we can keep the Spokane River clean
- Spread the word to keep our river swimmable and fishable
- Attend our annual signature fundraiser, Dirty Martinis for Clean Water in September
This website allows you to search for a vendor that will help manage specific waste types.
If you have questions about our programs or see a problem along the River, please call the Riverkeeper at (509) 464-7614. Stay current on events at our Facebook page.
Check out the Riverkeeper blog here.
Spokane Riverkeeper is a proud member of the Waterkeeper Alliance. With over 240 members across the globe, the WKA is actively protecting the worlds rivers, lakes, streams, creeks, beaches and bays. Visit their website Waterkeeper.org