Justice Lunchbox is free and open to the public. It is our monthly lunchtime brown bag discussion and is generally held the 3rd Wednesday of each month from Noon – 1:00 pm in the Community Building (35 W Main in downtown Spokane, corner of Main and Browne). This event features a range of different topics, each presenting a unique picture of justice or injustice in our community. See bottom of page for some recent videos.
Some of our previous guest speakers have been:
- Nominees for the Office of Police Ombudsman discussing police accountability and the newly formed committee
- CFJ board member Nick Pontarolo discussing the political climate in Afghanistan from a layperson’s approach
- Spokane City Council president Ben Stuckart discussing hot issues in Spokane and Q&A
- Ric Connor from local company Ganesh Himal Trading discussing 30 years of Fair Trade in Nepal
- Spokane Riverkeeper Technical Lead, Jule Schultz discussing polluting waterways without penalty, and why you should care about the health of Hangman Creek
- Mabel Elstrom and Jennifer Walker from the Lutheran Community Services NW discussing Human Trafficking in Spokane
- Judge Logan, Prosecutor Papini, and Public Defender Adewale discussing Community Court
For more info on upcoming speakers, please visit our Events Calendar. Most presentations since January of 2015 have been recorded and are available for video play back in a trailer and full version. Please visit our YouTube page for all of our Justice Lunchbox videos. See bottom of page for some recent videos.
To submit a proposal to present as a speaker at Justice Lunchbox, please fill out the form below. Thank you for your interest!